Whyteleafe Proud Curriculum
Aim High • Be Independent • Enjoy Yourself
Our Whyteleafe PROUD Curriculum, is an ambitious, inclusive, broad and balanced curriculum which celebrates diversity, inspires and motivates a lifelong love of learning, providing children with a rich range of memorable learning opportunities. Designed and driven by inspirational curriculum leaders and passionate and enthusiastic teachers, our curriculum:
- Actively reflects a wide range of cultures, social groups and people to broaden children's experiences and actively encourage anti-racism and discourage discrimination of any kind
- Is guided by the school's Whyteleafe Wheel of Learning (learning behaviours) and Behaviour Sapphires (values)
- Is highly ambitious for, and instils intellectual curiopsity within all children
- Revisits and builds upon children's context and circumstances
- Strives to close the vocabulary gap
- Encourages depth of thinking, elaboration, extension and connection
- Involves the whole community
- Prepares the children for the next phase of their education
- Equips the children with the knowlesge and cultural capital that they need to succeed in life
- Is in line with objectives set out in the National Curriculum
PROUD stands for:
Presentation, Respect, Oracy, Understanding and Depth, all of which are embedded throughout the curriculum. These ambitious skills have been purposefully selected to prepare Whyteleafe children, not only for the next stage of their education but future life.
These are acknowledged and promoted in our half termly PROUD Award assemblies and demonstrated in all aspects of school life - including our class PROUD Showcases.
Underpinning the curriculum principles is our Whyteleafe Wheel of Learning which promotes effective learning behaviours in all areas of the curriculum. Our weekly celebration assembly highlights those children who have been displaying these during that week.
Please click the link below to get a flavour of the learning opportunities available at Whytelafe School.