Whyteleafe School has a uniform for a number of reasons. We endeavour to achieve a high standard in all aspects of school and expect this to be reflected in both the appearance and behaviour of our pupils. We believe that school uniform provides children with a sense of pride in their school.
School uniform can be ordered via Marks and Spencer
Reception and Nursery
- White polo shirt, grey skirt, shorts, culottes, pinafore dress or uniform trousers.
- Black uniform sweatshirt.
- White, black socks, black or grey tights.
- In summer, yellow checked or striped dresses maybe worn.
Year 1 to 6
- White button collar shirt and school tie.
- Grey skirt, shorts, culottes, pinafore dress or uniform trousers.
- White, black socks, or black or grey tights.
- Grey pullover or grey cardigan.
- In summer term, yellow checked or striped dresses maybe worn.
- Shoes: Sensible plain black shoes should be worn for normal school hours. Trainers, boots, ballet type shoes and sling-back heeled sandals are not acceptable.
- Jewellery: Jewellery (other than watches and plain studs for pierced ears) is not permitted.
- PE, Games and Swimming: All pupils wear black shorts and a yellow t-shirt for PE and games. Plimsolls or trainers are required. Pupils will be advised if they need football boots or other specialist footwear. Black uniform sweatshirts, without hood, and black jogging bottoms should be worn for games on cold days. For health and safety reasons children are not permitted to do PE, games or swimming lessons wearing jewellery, including studs. The earrings must be removed before school or covered with a plaster if they're unable to be removed. For swimming a towel, swimming costume and swimming cap must be provided. Girls must wear one piece costumes and boys swimming shorts need to be fitted and above the knee. Earrings are not permitted within the swimming pool.
- Hair: Long hair must be tied back at all times. Hair accessories must be kept to a minimum and be of school colours. Hair styles must be sensible and appropriate for school ie without effects like tram lines and mohican’s.
- Make up and nail varnish: These are not permitted.
The school will take into consideration religious and cultural customs, where parents make a request for a reasonable adjustment to the current school uniform. This request should be made in writing to the Head Teacher.
The Head Teacher will decide in very hot weather if ties can be taken off. For prolonged hot weather, parents will be informed if ties are not to be worn to school via parent mail.