Adopt a Chicken
To support the sustainability of the 4 chickens at Whyteleafe school we have decided to offer them up for monthly ‘adoption,’ to our friends and supporters.
The pellets and corn, treats like butternut squash and corn on the cob, bedding, woodchip and medication costs approximately £15 a month in total per chicken. You can choose the next available month or choose a specific month, an ideal birthday present for your child.
What you get:
- Fresh eggs during the month (up to 4 boxes, laying dependent)
- Time with the chickens free ranging or cuddling them, at a time that is convenient to you, for example after school or at the weekend.
- A laminated photo of you / your child with your chosen chicken.
- A certificate of adoption.
- Your name /photo/ company logo on the supporter board.
Choose which chicken you would like to adopt:
- Poppy, is a Copper Maran coloured black and brown. Shortly after arriving with us she lost her top beak. She is a fighter and copes very well without it. She is top chickens and is good at telling the others off for taking her food. She is very tame as she was hand fed from an early age and often makes happy noises in human company.
- Buttercup, is a Columbian Black tail coloured brown with a black tail, She is best friends with Poppy and is allowed to share her food. She likes her food and a cuddle with humans.
- Daisy is a Light Sussex who is White in colour, she loves her food, she is a messy eater and likes to dig through the food looking for the best bits. Sometimes she eats so fast, she sneezes. Daisy is a big chicken who likes a cuddle.
- Lavender is a Speckled Maran who is grey and white. She is a more nervous chicken but is becoming more confident with eating from hands and cuddling with people.
If you have any questions please email email@example.com